- I'll sometimes hear a student in a workshop say…"There's something wrong with my camera's auto focus,…all of my pictures are blurry".…When we dig into it, we usually determine…that auto focus is actually fine, and that the…soft focus has come from camera shake caused by…a shutter speed that has been set too slow.…So how can you tell the difference in post-production?…It's usually pretty easy.…Auto focus mechanisms rarely shoot images…that are completely out of focus.…Usually, if an auto focus system has a problem…it's that it's chosen to focus on…the wrong thing in your image.…Take a look at this picture.…
The subject is out of focus, which might…lead you to think that auto focus has failed.…But look at the bush in the background.…There are plenty of things there that are in focus.…This shows that the auto focus system…was actually working properly.…When you discover a problem like this,…you might want to double check your camera…to see if a specific focus point has been selected.…The auto focus point selection tools on some cameras…
- Shooting sharp images
- Assessing your camera's high ISO options
- How aperture affects depth of field
- Lens speed
- Previewing depth of field
- Depth of field in the real world
- Manual mode
- Controlling motion
- Shooting raw
- Shooting with post-production in mind
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
1. Shutter Speed in Depth
2. Aperture in Depth
3. More Shooting Modes
4. Shooting Strategies
Where to go from here2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.