- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
- For the creative professional, or for the inspiring enthusiast, a portfolio is essential. It's the equivalent of a passport for the person that wants to travel around the world. You know, without it you can't really get very far, and over the last decade, I have had the privilege of teaching photographers, filmmakers, designers, and illustrators, how to create an effective portfolio so that they can do more of the work that they love. Well that's exactly what this course is about. In this course, we're going to be taking a look at how we can create a portfolio from a photographic perspective because that's what I do, yet the topics that you'll encounter, well they're relevant to so many different fields.
So what exactly will we cover in this course? Well, we will begin by taking a look at how we can create a vision for the portfolio that we want to create. We'll look at how we can set specific goals, we'll also discuss things like the essential steps or stages that you want to go through to make a good portfolio. We'll talk about how you can develop a personal brand, define a visual identity or logo, we'll discuss things like what to consider when buying a domain name or hosting, and I'll provide a primer, or an overview, of how you can build a website portfolio yourself.
All right, well we are going to cover all of these topics and more, so thanks for joining me in this course, let's begin.
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.