- I have a friend who's an accomplished jazz musician.…His understanding of music theory…goes way beyond anything that I could ever achieve.…So it always strikes me as conspicuous…that when he and I have heard performances together…and I've asked him afterwards what he thought of the show,…his critiques have always been very simple.…If he likes something, he'll usually say…something along the lines of,…they played with good time and in tune.…And when I say, that's it?…He usually says something to the effect of,…if you're not doing that, it doesn't matter…what else you put on top of it.…
In photography, that's how it is with focus.…It doesn't matter what kind of grand creative ideas…you have if the part of your image…that should be in focus ain't in focus.…Now you might say, isn't it also like that…with exposure and composition?…Not necessarily, because exposure and composition…can be altered in post-production.…If an image is out of focus, you can't fix it.…Now, before you say, but there are sharpening tools…in my image editor, no.…
- Shooting sharp images
- Assessing your camera's high ISO options
- How aperture affects depth of field
- Lens speed
- Previewing depth of field
- Depth of field in the real world
- Manual mode
- Controlling motion
- Shooting raw
- Shooting with post-production in mind
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
1. Shutter Speed in Depth
2. Aperture in Depth
3. More Shooting Modes
4. Shooting Strategies
Where to go from here2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.