- I've got a shot in mind here.…What attracted my attention were these great lines…on the sidewalk,…but the view behind's not too bad, either.…So I'm going to set up a fairly wide-angle shot.…I've got a mirrorless camera here…with the equivalent of roughly a 24 to 70 millimeter lens.…I'm going to shoot probably somewhere closer…to all the way to 24.…So I've got a lot of depth here,…so you've probably already figured this out.…I need to be in aperture priority mode,…and I want to use a small aperture,…because I want as much of this in focus as possible.…
I'm going to grab the shot first right now,…or I'm going to grab a version of the shot…so you can see what it is that I'm envisioning.…So I'm thinking…that what I like…is right around in here.…So that came in at around 2/50 of a second,…so I don't need to worry about shutter speed.…My light's not going to change anytime soon.…Having checked in with my shutter speeds,…seeing that it's fast enough,…I can stop thinking about that,…and just think about aperture and one other thing.…
- Shooting sharp images
- Assessing your camera's high ISO options
- How aperture affects depth of field
- Lens speed
- Previewing depth of field
- Depth of field in the real world
- Manual mode
- Controlling motion
- Shooting raw
- Shooting with post-production in mind
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
1. Shutter Speed in Depth
2. Aperture in Depth
3. More Shooting Modes
4. Shooting Strategies
Where to go from here2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.