- Through both parts of this series,…we have covered a lot of different topics,…some of those topics involving a lot of numbers.…If you lay all of that stuff out in front of you,…it can be pretty overwhelming.…What's important to remember, is that not all…of the stuff that we've talked about is relevant…to every shot that you take.…For example, if you're shooting a still-life…with your camera on a tripod, shutter speed…is not going to be an issue, because nothing in your scene…is moving and your camera is stabilized by the tripod.…
So you can choose to not think much…about shutter speed in that situation.…That takes out a whole bunch of numbers.…When I go into a particular shooting situation,…the first thing I do is to…quickly craft an exposure strategy.…And that makes it sound like I'm drawing complex outlines…on a whiteboard or pushing little figures…around on a map with a stick.…It's not really that complicated.…For an example, if I get out of a car to shoot a landscape,…as I'm pulling out my camera, I think, this is going…
- Shooting sharp images
- Assessing your camera's high ISO options
- How aperture affects depth of field
- Lens speed
- Previewing depth of field
- Depth of field in the real world
- Manual mode
- Controlling motion
- Shooting raw
- Shooting with post-production in mind
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
1. Shutter Speed in Depth
2. Aperture in Depth
3. More Shooting Modes
4. Shooting Strategies
Where to go from here2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.