- These days we're all familiar with…the power of modern image editing tools.…From special effects-laden movies to retouched supermodels…we've all seen what digital editing tools can do.…These tools are so prevalent…that you've probably already done some editing…even if it's just simple cropping.…Maybe you've done it using an app on your phone…or with a simple editing tool included with your computer.…We think of these as new modern tools and they are,…but image editing is nothing new.…It's always been an essential, critical part…of the photographic process.…What's new is that you no longer have to learn…difficult hand-eye coordination…or spend hours breathing carcinogenic fumes…to achieve the results that you want.…
But the history of photography has always been…an understanding that shooting is usually…only half the process.…Yes, there are some images that are just finished…straight out of the camera,…but there are others that depend on processing…to be complete.…Editing your images is not cheating.…I guarantee you that there is not…
- Shooting sharp images
- Assessing your camera's high ISO options
- How aperture affects depth of field
- Lens speed
- Previewing depth of field
- Depth of field in the real world
- Manual mode
- Controlling motion
- Shooting raw
- Shooting with post-production in mind
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
1. Shutter Speed in Depth
2. Aperture in Depth
3. More Shooting Modes
4. Shooting Strategies
Where to go from here2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.