- After all this, I hope that it's obvious to you…why a thorough understanding of exposure theory…is necessary for your creative process.…Through exposure control,…you will guide the viewers eye through an image…by altering tones, controlling depth of field,…and taking control of motion.…There are however many other decisions…that are necessary for making a great photo.…For example, your camera's lens…is a very complex piece of engineering.…Now, while you may think that it simply allows you…to crop the world in a particular way…with a particularly loved magnification,…it actually does much more than that.…
Where you choose to stand and which focal length…you choose to use allows you to greatly alter…the sense of space and depth in a scene.…Learning about that and some other lens related issues…is the best next step in your photographic education…and you can do that by watching…my photography foundation's lenses course.…After that, you'll have a great technical grounding…for starting a serious study of photographic composition.…
- Shooting sharp images
- Assessing your camera's high ISO options
- How aperture affects depth of field
- Lens speed
- Previewing depth of field
- Depth of field in the real world
- Manual mode
- Controlling motion
- Shooting raw
- Shooting with post-production in mind
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
1. Shutter Speed in Depth
2. Aperture in Depth
3. More Shooting Modes
4. Shooting Strategies
Where to go from here2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.