Learn how to place Illustrator flats or CADs into Photoshop with crisp edges.
- [Instructor] Here's another layout option. … We've got another illustration by Indica … and we've also got rendered flats with it. … Now laid out on this page, it does fall a little flat. … So my solution is to add a panel behind it … in a colour that's going to pop everything. … And I think this adds a lot to the presentation. … Now if you want to pop the flats even further, … we can either add an outer glow to them … or even a drop shadow. … Normally I'm not a fan of drop shadows … but in this case we can make it work. … So let's start by adding a little drop shadow to the wall. … Let's go down here to drop shadow and … because the wall is shadowing itself onto the blue. … Let's make this a dark dark blue instead of black. … Just so it's a little bit richer looking. … We'll take down the opacity a bit. … I'm going to take down the spread. … We'll take down the distance … and we'll kick up the size a little bit to soften the edge. … So now we have a very soft drop shadow … around this golden panel. …
- Using filters to add texture
- Rendering faces
- Turning a photograph of a face into a sketch
- Making brushes to paint hair, fur, and lace
- Making the most of rendering in Photoshop
- Creating cast shadows
- Neutralizing photographic backgrounds
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 38m Intermediate
1. Adding Texture with Filters and Clipping Masks
2. Adding Faces to Your Illustration
Rendering faces5m 48s
3. The Magic of Brushes
4. Rendering Styles and Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.