Sometimes a blink or a funny expression ruins a group shot. Join Natalie Fobes as she demonstrates how to do a body, face, or eye swap using Photoshop.
- [Instructor] Every photographer knows, … the more people you have in a group shot, the more chance … there is for a blink or a funny expression. … I'll show how you to take care of that in Photoshop. … I loved working with these guys. … I love the expression on his face here. … And I love his expression in this photo. … I'm going to combine the two photographs into one. … First, I adjusted the tone and color of both images … in Lightroom, then I opened them in Photoshop. … I changed the tools settings to photography, … and I made it so I could see both at once. … Now open the marquee tool. … Draw it around the smiling man. … You want to make sure you have plenty of room outside of … his face, so you can adjust it later if you need to. … Copy... … And then paste into the other photo. … Set the opacity to around 50, so you can see through … the layer into the layer below. … Click the move tool and start putting it in position. … Now we can get rid of this other photograph, … because we don't need it anymore. …
Learn how to plan for a portrait photo shoot and how to make stylistic decisions regarding props, clothing, and makeup. Next, explore the essentials of posing women and men, starting with a single subject and working up to large groups. The course demonstrates how to pose and compose a group portrait in ways that highlight the relationships between members. To illustrate the time constraints photographers often face, Natalie works against the clock to shoot a group of people she's never met. She also covers post-processing techniques for portraiture, such as working with wrinkles and skin textures.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before Shooting: Planning the Portrait
2. Posing and Working with a Subject
3. Photo Shoots and Strategies
4. Post-Processing for Group Portraits
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.