Learn how to use Illustrator symbols with easy shading techniques for faces using Dodge and Burn.
- [Instructor] Sometimes drawing faces … can be a little intimidating, … but I have a couple of tricks … that might make it easier for you. … For this illustration, … I drew the face in Adobe Illustrator … and then brought it into Photoshop. … You can see, there are the features I brought in. … Let me show you how to go about doing this. … In Illustrator, I drew the features … and I saved them as symbols. … I've got this face over here, … which is the one you just saw, … and another one that I just drew. … If you're not sure how to draw the features for her face, … you can always trace a photo, which is what I did here. … I do find that drawing faces in Illustrator … is a lot easier than drawing them in Photoshop. … It's just my personal opinion. … These are all the shapes that make up an eye … and they're really very simple to draw. … I'm going to select this, I'm going to copy it, … we'll go back to Photoshop and I'll paste it in Photoshop. … Let's cancel for a minute … and just make sure I'm in the top layer. …
- Using filters to add texture
- Rendering faces
- Turning a photograph of a face into a sketch
- Making brushes to paint hair, fur, and lace
- Making the most of rendering in Photoshop
- Creating cast shadows
- Neutralizing photographic backgrounds
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 38m Intermediate
1. Adding Texture with Filters and Clipping Masks
2. Adding Faces to Your Illustration
Rendering faces5m 48s
3. The Magic of Brushes
4. Rendering Styles and Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.