Join Erika Thornes for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Kids Photography: Retouching with Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop.
- [Instructor] For this course it's helpful to have access to Lightroom in Photoshop, but if you don't similar techniques can be applied using other photo editing software. After watching, if you feel you need a more in depth refresher on Photoshop, there's some excellent resources right here that should address any questions that might come up.
In this course, photographer Erika Thornes shows how to review a kid photo shoot to find the best shot of the bunch. Then, she dives into Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop and details a variety of retouching challenges and solutions—including cleaning up that messy nose.
- Selecting and editing the hero shot
- Making a clean edit in Lightroom
- Adjusting exposure and white balance
- Cropping images
- Working with layers and masks
- Using Photoshop to remove stray hairs, brighten eyes, and remove scabs
- Swapping faces in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Kids Photography: In Parks at Playwith Erika Thornes40m 50s Intermediate
1. Choosing the “Hero Shot”
2. Global Edits in Lightroom
3. Retouching in Photoshop
4. Face-Swapping in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.