Retouching acne is a balance between removing blemishes and pock marks while at the same time keeping the skin's texture. Join Natalie Fobes to get tips and review the process in Lightroom.
- [Instructor] Earlier in this course, I photographed Sam. … I first used directional light to add drama, … but the deep shadows drew attention to his acne scars. … I added fill to make the light more even. … The lack of shadows minimized his scars, … and also gave the photo a happier look. … Sam liked this photo the best. … To remove the acne that still shows, … open the Healing Brush on Heal Mode. … This blends the target and the source areas. … Set the opacity to 100, … because you want to get rid of acne scars completely. … Zoom in, make the brush a little larger than the scar. … Don't make it too big, … or it will smooth out too much of the texture. … Click on the scar. … Lightroom automatically picks a source area. … If you don't like it, move the source pin … to an area with the same tone and texture. … You can also move the original target area … if you didn't put it in the right spot. … Make sure the tool overlay shows by pressing O. … Move the source pin, and adjust the target pin. …
Learn how to plan for a portrait photo shoot and how to make stylistic decisions regarding props, clothing, and makeup. Next, explore the essentials of posing women and men, starting with a single subject and working up to large groups. The course demonstrates how to pose and compose a group portrait in ways that highlight the relationships between members. To illustrate the time constraints photographers often face, Natalie works against the clock to shoot a group of people she's never met. She also covers post-processing techniques for portraiture, such as working with wrinkles and skin textures.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before Shooting: Planning the Portrait
2. Posing and Working with a Subject
3. Photo Shoots and Strategies
4. Post-Processing for Group Portraits
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.