In this quick course, get a brief introduction to Adobe Premiere Pro and walk through editing a simple video project.
- [Ashley] The dynamic process of manipulating and editing video to communicate a message and speak to an audience is one of the most rewarding and powerful forms of storytelling. And in this quick start course, we're going to use Adobe Premiere Pro to get the job done. I'll be taking you through the basics so you can get a sense of what it takes to put together a short video. We'll actually be editing the very beginning of a promo for Barron's Bakery in Cappoquin, Ireland. If you'd like to go through the process of editing the longer video, please take my much more comprehensive Premiere Pro 2020 Essential Training, which shows you everything you need to know from the ground up. Here, in this much shorter intro course, I'll just be taking you through a brief foundation. We'll get a basic tour of the Premiere Pro environment and we'll import and organize our media. We'll then select our shots and edit and refine our video. I'll show you how to perform some simple audio adjustments as well as some effects work and some basic color correction. And finally, we'll learn how to export your project. Both this course and the longer Essential Training course use assets from our partners at EditStock who offer high quality raw footage so students and professionals can re-edit projects on their own. I'm Ashley Kennedy. I can't wait to show you some of the exciting possibilities inside of Adobe Premiere Pro so you can get a taste of the wonderful world of video editing.
- Launching Premiere Pro and touring the interface
- Importing and organizing media
- Selecting shots
- Basic editing
- Adding b-roll
- Refining the edit
- Performing basic audio adjustments
- Adding basic effects and titles
- Outputting the project