Learn to repurpose your videos to best match the specifications for each social media platform and audience—so that you can save time and optimize your reach and impact.
- [Ashley] In the race for social media content creation, video is king. But each social media platform has different recommendations for content, aesthetic, and length, as well as different delivery specs. Without a smart plan, you might find that you're sometimes not putting out the right type of content on the right platform, or you might find yourself going back to the drawing board every time you need to make a new video. Fortunately, with a solid understanding of your brand and your target audience, along with good planning and a creative spirit, you can intelligently repurpose your videos with minimal effort, thereby optimizing your reach and impact and reducing the amount of time it takes to do so. In this course, we'll learn about the characteristics of online video and talk about how it functions in the world of social media. We'll dive into learning all about the clean water charity, Wheels for Water, as we dissect the brand and develop a strategy for its content marketing campaign. We'll talk about how to create foundational-based videos for this non-profit. And then we'll go through the process of repurposing those videos based on creative asset redistribution, compilation strategies, as well as reworking length, adjusting various technical specs, extracting stills, creating animated GIFs, and more. I'm Ashley Kennedy, and I'm excited for you to join me in this LinkedIn Learning course where we'll dive into learning all about repurposing video content for different purposes in the world of social media and beyond.
- Video characteristics and technical specs
- Social media platform recommendations
- Creating base videos
- Changing titles, style, and visuals
- Editing for length
- Creating smaller video segments and snippets
- Making animated GIFs
- Extracting stills, text, and audio from your video