Learn how to create basic charts. This video covers the features of Plotly bar charts and pie charts.
- [Instructor] Okay. … So now I want to show you how to create … bar charts using Plotly. … First, we'll make an object called data … that represents our trace variable as a list object. … And remember that with a trace variable … we specify what kind of chart we want. … So in this case we're going to use the go.bar function. … So first let's just create our data object. … We'll say data is equal to, … we'll create a list and we'll call go.bar. … And then we'll pass in variable X … and we'll say X is equal to. … And then we say for X we want our values … to be one through 10. … So one, … two, … three, … four, … five, … six, seven, … eight, … nine and 10. … And for our Y variable, … we want those values to be one through four … and then 0.5, … I'm going to say it. … I'm just going to, … one, two, three, four, … 0.5, … four, three, two, one. … Okay? … And then let's just print out our data object. … (clicks) … Okay. … So this here should be a comma. … Okay. … So these are basically the X and Y for our bar plot. …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.