Learn how to perform different types of multiplication. This video covers the dot product and matrix multiplication.
- [Instructor] There are a few ways … that you can do arithmetic with matrices and arrays. … There's of course the arithmetic multiplication … and division which is very straight forward. … What you do is you would just pass an array … over a matrix and perform the mathematical operation. … What you're seeing here on the left … is just a multiplication between an array and a matrix, … and then on the right, that's a division … between the array and the matrix. … You can also calculate dot products with numpy. … A dot product is a mathematical operation … that takes two factors or a sequential units of numbers … that have an equal number of elements each … and multiplies them out to generate a single number, … otherwise known a scalar value. … A third way is matrix multiplication. … Matrix multiplication is a mathematical operation … that takes two matrices or two dimensional arrays … that have an equal number of elements each, … and multiplies them out to generate a single matrix. … Let me show you how these work in the coding demonstration. …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.