Learn how to work with objects. This video covers the BeautifulSoup library, BeautifulSoup objects, and NavigableString objects.
- [Instructor] Let's look at web scraping with Python. … I'm about to show you how to scrape data from the internet. … But before jumping in, … let me give you a brief introduction to web scraping … by explaining how it's useful. … Imagine you're a small business owner and you've got a blog. … You decide that you want to create a new resources page … and on that page you want to include … every link from your blog. … What would you do? … Go through each page of the blog manually … and pull all of the links? … That would take a lot of time. … What you could do is use Python … to go through your blog for you … and extract every link from every page. … That way you could just copy and paste the links … onto your new resource page … and it would be a lot more efficient. … I've seen environmental engineers who use Python … to scrape web data from a weather station page … in order to gather sufficient data for a hydrology analysis. … I've seen Amazon vendors who scrape web data … from competing Amazon vendor pages …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.