Learn how to communicate with color and context. This video covers color schemes, annotation, and visual context.
- Now let's talk about communicating with color and context. … The correct choice of color and context … can really really add a lot of value … to your data visualization. … So it's an important topic for us to cover here, … starting first with creating context with color. … Color should be used strategically, … sparingly, and consistently. … You want to use color to draw attention to the parts … of the data visualization that matter … and away from parts that do not. … The first and foremost rule that you need to follow … when you're choosing a color scheme … for your data visualization is that you need to make sure … that the color shades you choose … are all from the same color formula. … There are many different options out there … for a color formula. … Popular ones include monochromatic, … analogous, and complimentary. … In case you're looking for a good tool to find … good color schemes to use in your data visualization, … there's an AI-driven color-matching tool called Colormind. …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.