Learn how to create statistical charts. This video covers Plotly histograms, boxplots, and scatter plots.
- [Instructor] Okay, so first thing's first. … When you use Plotly, you actually need to do a pip install … to actually be able to access the library. … So to do that you're going to use exclamation point … and then you're going to say pip install, … and then, Plotly, and run that. … You're also going to want to do a pip install … of the cufflinks library. … So we're going to again write an exclamation point … and then say pip install cufflinks, okay, and run that. … So right now, Python is going out … and installing the libraries … you need for this demonstration. … Okay, so now that we have installed … our requisite libraries, let's now import … the libraries we need for this demonstration. … So we're going to need NumPy, pandas, cufflinks, … and then Plotly library. … So I'm going to start by importing numpy as np. … And then importing pandas as pd. … We also want to import cufflinks as cf. … So I'll just say import cufflinks as cf. … And we want to import plotly, … and specifically we're going to import the Plotly module, …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.