Learn how to create statistical charts. This video covers Plotly histograms, boxplots, and scatter plots.
- [Instructor] In this section, we're going to look … at how to generate statistical plots in Plotly. … More specifically, we are going to be generating histograms, … box plots, and scatterplots. … When it comes to plotting histograms from pandas objects, … you can generate three types of histograms. … Those are simple histograms, multiple histograms, … and then the subplot histogram. … Also, before getting into the coding demonstration, … I wanted to point out … that when you're generating a scatterplot, … you want to set the mode parameter to markers, … but I'll show you in the demonstration. … Okay, so this Notebook … is already coming loaded with its libraries. … And these are just the standard libraries … that we've been working with throughout the course … as well as Plotly and Cufflinks … that were introduced in the last demonstration. … We're also going to be using sklearn here … with the StandardScalar function. … Okay, and then here are our credentials … for getting into Plotly. …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.