Learn how to create labels and annotations. This video covers labeling pot features, legends, and annotating plot features.
- [Instructor] Labels and annotation add … a deeper layer of context to a plot, … enabling the plot to convey extra meaning to its viewers. … In this section, I'm going to show you … how to label plot features, add a legend to your plot, … and annotate features on your plot. … But before that, let me give you an example … of where this comes in handy. … Data journalists often add a lot of context … and annotation to their data visualizations. … That's so that they can add and augment … the story they're telling. … For example, imagine you're a data journalist … covering a story about tourism in Central Florida. … You'd use a simple line chart to show … the number of travelers coming over time, … but if you're telling a story about … the success of a grand opening of a new theme park, … you may want to add some text about … how many visitors came to the grand opening. … You then also may want to add a pointer … that ties the text to the date of … the park's grand opening. … There are two methods for labeling and annotating. …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.