Learn how to create standard data graphics. This video covers line charts, pie charts, and bar charts.
- [Instructor] Now let's talk … about how to create standard chart graphics. … Standard chart graphics are excellent tools … for conveying simple data insights … in a way that anyone can understand. … For example, imagine you're an eCommerce Business Analyst … for a company that makes some major changes … to its website layout. … You're working on site usability … and you need to convey your findings to your manager. … So you decide that you're going to use a line chart, … a bar chart, and a pie chart. … You use the line chart to show how the total number … of items purchased per day has increased since the change. … You use the bar chart to show that the number of purchases … increased for customers in the 18 to 25 year old category, … but decreased for customers in the higher … than 44 year old category. … Lastly, you use a pie chart to show what categories … of products generate the greatest proportion of sales, … and how the site changes affected … that proportion before and after. …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.