Learn how to parse data. This video covers parsing data, getting data from a parse tree, and searching and retrieving data from a parse tree.
- [Instructor] Let's look at … working with parsed data in BeautifulSoup. … I've broken this demonstration into three sections. … Parsing data, getting data from a parse tree … and searching in retrieving data from a parse tree. … Parsing data is where you pass in HTML or XML document … to a BeautifulSoup constructor. … The constructor converts the document to Unicode … and then parses it with a built-in HTML parser. … Well, HTML parser by default, that is. … Looking closer at searching and retrieving data, … I'm going to show you the find-all() method. … This method searches a tag and its descendants … to retrieve tags or strings that match your filters. … There are several methods for searching and filtering … a parse tree. … The one I'm going to show you now … is the name argument, keyword argument, string arguments, … lists, Boolean values, strings and regular expressions. … You can pass any of these arguments into the find all method … to use as filters and return either strings or tags. …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.