Learn Python programming for data science. Discover how to clean, transform, analyze, and visualize data, as you build a practical project: an automated web scraper.
- [Lillian] Have you ever wanted to be able to copy and paste a bunch of data off a website, or just get the gist of all the content without actually having to read through line by line? Then I'm going to show you how to build a web scraper in Python, so you can have that data written off the web for you automatically, and I'm going to introduce you to a Python library that will even automate that text analysis for you. Hi, I'm Lillian Pierson. I'm a data strategist that specializes in training and advising. Let's get going on Python for Data Science.
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.