Learn how to define elements of a plot. This video covers object-oriented plotting, sub-plots, and axis labels.
- [Narrator] Now you're going to learn … about defining plot elements with Matplotlib. … Plot elements add context to your plot, … so that the plot effectively conveys meaning to its viewers. … You set axes limits to make sure … that your chart is well fit to your data graphic. … You set axes tick marks and plot grids … to make it easier and faster … for the viewers to interpret your chart at a glance. … You can use subplots to visually compare changes … in data values under different conditions, … like different seasons, different locations, … or in different years. … There are two methods for building plots. … You can use the functional method … or the object oriented method. … Adding plot elements is an essential part … of object oriented plotting. … We discussed functional plotting in the last demonstration, … so now, it's time to go over object oriented plotting. … Again, with object oriented plotting, … you build a plot by first generating a blank figure object, … and then populating that object …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.