Learn how to generate summary statistics. This video covers descriptive statistics, describing values, and describing spread.
- [Instructor] Descriptive statistics describe … a variable's values and their spread. … For example, imagine you work for a company … that monitors patients' health in real-time, … and you need to build a script … that detects dangerous anomalies. … You could generate summary statistics in micro batch … and then calculate the mean, max, and standard deviation … of incoming health data that's … generated from the monitoring device. … With these descriptive statistics, … you could generate automatic alerts … when unusually high or low data points … are generated by the patient's monitoring device. … These would indicate potentially … dangerous health status of a monitored patient. … Descriptive statistics provide a quantitative summary … of a variable and the data points that comprise it. … You can use them to get an understanding of a variable … and the attributes that it represents. … There are two categories of descriptive statistics. … One is descriptive statistics that describe … the values of an observation in a variable, …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.