Learn how to get started with natural language processing. This video covers tokenizing, removing stop words, and word frequency counts.
- [Instructor] Now it's time to talk about … natural language processing a little bit. … There are quite a few new concepts you'll have to grasp … before you can get into the actual analysis here, … so let's get started by looking at sentence tokenization. … You see, text is generally comprised of a set of paragraphs … and a paragraph is nothing but really a set of sentences. … The process of breaking down paragraphs … or the complete text into a set of sentences … is called sentence tokenization. … For example, sentence tokenization … of the sentence that reads, … Geoffrey Hinton, Yann LeCun, … Yoshua Bengio won Turing Award this year. … They have been awarded for their significant contribution … in the field of artificial intelligence. … So that would be our plain sentence. … And the output is actually an array. … Once we have tokenized the sentence, … the output is an array with two elements. … The first element is going to be a string that reads, … Geoffrey Hinton, Yann LeCun, Yoshua Bengio …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.