Learn how to create basic charts. This video covers Plotly line charts, bar charts, and pie charts.
- [Instructor] Now it's time to learn how to use Python … to generate collaborative analytics … using the Plotly library. … If you look at this web page here, … there are a bunch of data visualizations … that I created using Plotly. … Many of these I'm actually going to be showing you … how to create for yourself … throughout the rest of this chapter, … but let's just go ahead … and pull up one of these nice little cloropleth maps. … Pull it up in reviewer. … I want to use this map to show you … the core features of Plotly. … Using Plotly, you get this sort of nice automatic labeling … which actually just provides you information … and details about data points as you hover over them. … So you get proper labels, for example, … where you're seeing that this is the state of Kansas … and they have spent $5,000 … and they have an average SAT score of 548 … for the math segment of the SAT. … So one nice thing about Plotly is that it's interactive. … You can basically hover over and get data …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.