Learn how to orient yourself in the data world. This video covers the definition of data science, data engineering, and data analytics.
- [Instructor] So, first, let's just talk about … the functions within the data space. … I've broken these down into data science, … data engineering, data analytics, and business intelligence. … These four functions work together … to generate business value from data. … What I really encourage you to do, … if you're just getting started on your path … towards becoming a data professional, … is to focus on mastering one area … and then leaning in on your peers … that are data professionals in other areas. … So, don't try and master all of these areas at one time … because it will really impede your progress. … It will make it slow for you … to progress down one career path, … and it's also going to make it confusing to you. … So, this section of the course is really … to help you compartmentalize where you fit in … and what this course is actually preparing you to do, … which is data science. … Now let's talk about why we need clarity on this subject … in and of itself. … See, you're really the one who gets to decide …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.