Learn how to conduct multivariate analysis for outliers. This video covers box plots and scatter plot matrices.
- Now let's talk about multivariate analysis for outliers. … You use multivariate methods to find outliers … that only show up within combinations … of observations from two or more different variables. … There are many different multivariate methods … to detect outliers. … We're going to pick up where we left off … from the last section with the box plot, … and then I'm going to introduce … how to use scatter plot matrices to find outliers. … This Jupyter notebook is coming already set up with … Pandas and Matplotlib as well as Pylab, and Seaborn. … So, you can just run this. … And then, we've already got all of our data visualization … settings that we discussed starting back in 4.2. … So, I just included that in the Jupyter notebook. … And, in terms of the dataset we're going to be reading … into this demonstration, … that's the iris.data.csv file. … So, I've set the extension here. … You'll need to go in and customize this … for the location where your dataset … is stored on your computer. …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.