Learn how to conduct a non-parametric correlation analysis. This video covers categorical variables, Spearman rank correlation, and Chi-square tables.
- Let's talk about nonparametric correlation analysis. … You can use nonparametric correlation analysis to find … correlation between categorical, nonlinearly, … non-normally distributed variables. … For an example, of where nonparametric correlation analysis … could be useful, imagine that you're a social scientist … that studies smoking habits. … You use a nonparametric correlation analysis, … like Spearman's rank, … to test the population for a correlation between income, … as a bracket, and cigarette consumption of smokers. … You find that higher income individuals are much more likely … to smoke cigarettes than lower income people. … I'm about to show you how to use Spearman's rank correlation … in chi-square tables to establish correlation … between categorical variables. … The Spearman rank correlation method works … on ordinal variables. … In case you don't know what that is, an ordinal variable … is a numeric variable that's able to be categorized. … The Spearman's rank method converts ordinal variables …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.