Learn how to conduct parametric correlation analysis. This video covers linear correlation and causation.
- [Instructor] Let's talk … about parametric correlation analysis. … Parametric correlation analysis is a method you can use … to find correlation between … linearly related continuous numeric variables. … Don't worry if you don't exactly understand what I mean … 'cause I'm going to show you how … to figure this out in a minute. … First I want to explain … one important point about correlation. … Correlation does not imply causation. … Let me explain. … Imagine you're an ophthalmologist … studying regional obesity trends. … You have two datasets, one on store size reported … by a zip code and the second … one on national obesity prevalence … broken down by zip code. … In the course of your investigations … you apply the Pearson correlation method. … That's the method I'm about to show you. … In your study, you find that there's … a very strong positive correlation between grocery store … size and obesity. … The bigger the grocery stores, the more obesity … there tends to be in that zip code area. …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.