Learn how to format plots. This video covers custom plot colors, line styles, and marker styles.
- [Instructor] In this section, … I'm going to show you how to define … custom plot colors, line styles and marker styles. … The reason these things are important … is that enhancing chart colors and markers … can help you convey a point in a way … that is visually easier to understand. … Just think, … if all the slices of a pie chart had the same color, … the chart would be meaningless. … And, if all the lines in a line chart … were the same color and used the same markers, … you wouldn't be able to decipher one from the other … and the chart would have no meaning. … Matplotlib offers colors, line styles … and marker style options … to help you build clarity into your data visualization. … Matplotlib has unlimited color options. … So, you can set the color parameter equal … to the name of the color you want, … or you can set the color parameter equal to RGB … or RGBA color codes for even more customization. … Matplotlib also has a variety of line styles. … If you look at this chart here, …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.