Learn how to summarize categorical data. This video covers counts, variable description, and cross-tabulation.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about how … to summarize categorical data. … Categorical data is described by how observations … are distributed across the variable's categories. … A very simplistic approach to sentiment analysis … could involve web scraping public product reviews, … then classifying certain words found … in the scrape data as positive and others as negative. … Lastly, you do a categorical word count … on the product review data to score product review … or feedback as either good or bad. … Categorical variables only assume a fixed number of values. … So as you can see here, we have a very simple dataset … that contains apples and oranges, … so this variable here, the fruits variable … is actually a categorical variable. … And then what you can do … is you can group this categorical variable … into subgroups based on the fruit category. … So in this case, we could break down the dataset … into apples and oranges based … on this categorical fruits variable. … Now there are three main ways …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.