Learn how to visualize time series. This video covers handling time series and plotting time series.
- [Instructor] Time series plots convey … how an attribute value changes over time. … Using statistical methods like autoregressive … integrated moving average, … you can reliably predict or forecast … the demand of a particular retail product … based on historical time series data … on previous sales of that product. … Before forecasting with time series, … you first need to know how to handle and plot … time series in Python. … Working with time series in Python can get really tricky. … But Pandas makes it simple. … Before showing you how to use time series in Pandas, … let me just show you what time series looks like. … These four plots all show time series. … The first one is a constant time series. … Basically, you're not seeing any trends or changes … in the variable over time. … Trended time series is like this chart … over here on the upper right. … That's where you see a net increase or decrease … in time series variable over time. … In the lower left corner, … you'll see an un-trended time series. …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.