Learn how to justify your choice in using Python for data science. This video covers an introduction to Python, Python for analytics, and Python in big data.
- [Instructor] Now it's time to talk about … why it's a good idea to use Python for working with data … instead of any of the other of the other competing … coding languages or methodologies that you could use. … First of all, let's look at your alternatives to Python. … In addition to Python, you could also use R, Julia, … and language called Go. … Python is a high-level interpreted coding language … that's useful for a wide variety of applications. … And honestly it's an official … programming language of Google. … The benefits to using Python … are that it's extremely easy to learn … and it's human readable. … It's got an extensive array of well-supported … date science libraries. … And, it's got the biggest user base … of all data science languages. … Also, it's useful and data engineering … as well as data science. … You can use it for building … predictive web applications as well. … So, it's quite extensible and you can use it … for a lot of different functions, not just data science. …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.