Learn how to identify three types of data visualization. This video covers data storytelling, data showcasing, and data art.
- [Narrator] Welcome to the data visualization section … of this course. … In this section of the course, … you're going to get Data Visualization 101. … These are just the basic fundamentals … that you need to know about data visualizations … in order to have a proper perspective … before going into any implementation details. … In this segment, we're going to be talking about … three different types of data visualization. … Those data visualization types are data storytelling, … data showcasing, and data art. … Data storytelling is the type of data visualization … you would create for generating presentations to … organizational decision makers. … Data showcasing is the type of data visualization … you would be making for generating presentations … for analysts, scientists, mathematicians, and engineers. … Lastly, data art. … Data art is the type of visualization … you would create for a presentation … when you're presenting to activists, … or to the general public at large. … Data art is pretty effective in these cases. …
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Why use Python for working with data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Concatenating and transforming data
- Data visualization best practices
- Visualizing data
- Creating a plot
- Creating statistical data graphics
- Performing basic math and linear algebra
- Correlation analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Data sourcing via web scraping
- Introduction to natural language processing
- Collaborative analytics with Plotly
Skill Level Intermediate
Python Statistics Essential Trainingwith Michele Vallisneri2h 58m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Data Professions
High-level course road map1m 28s
2. Data Preparation Basics
3. Data Visualization 101
4. Practical Data Visualization
5. Basic Math and Statistics
6. Data Sourcing via Web Scraping
7. Collaborative Analytics with Plotly
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.