After you create your QuickBooks Online account, your next step is to tell QuickBooks a little more about your company. In this video, Bonnie covers how to add your company logo and fill in your company contact info and tax form.
- [Instructor] When you create your QuickBooks Online account, you fill in a few bits of info like your company name and what you want to do in QuickBooks Online. At that point, you're ready to provide a bit more detail about your company. When I created this sample account, I filled in the company name, said I had been in business for a couple of years and said I wanted to handle invoices, expenses and bills. After you do that, you end up here at the dashboard. The first thing you'll notice is there is a panel up here at the top that can help you get QuickBooks Online set up. But I'm going to step you through it a different way. So I'm going to go to the top right of the panel and click Hide. You can bring it back anytime later if you want its help by clicking the resume setup link here at the top right. I'm going to hide this message by clicking the x. The first thing I want to do is I want to add the logo for my company. So I'm going to click that box and that takes me to the Account and Settings screen. Now I get this dialogue box here about the company profile but I'm going to click the x to close that so I can step you through where you add the information on the Account and Settings screen. We start in this first section for the company. I want to add the logo so I click the logo box here and then click the plus sign. That opens up this Logos dialogue box. I'm going to click the plus one more time and go to my Exercise Files. There's my logo so I'm going to click that and click Open. That's going to upload the logo to your account. When you see the logo, you can go ahead and click Save. And now you can see the logo here and you'll see it later back in the dashboard. The next thing we can do is add the company name. So I add the company name here. If the legal name is the same as the company name, you can just keep this checkbox turned on and it'll use it for both. If it's different, you can turn it off and fill in the legal name as well. The other thing you can do is specify do you use an employer identification number or your social security number? Well, in this case, I'm going to select the EIN which is Employer Identification Number and then I'll add the number. Now we can click Save for that section. The next section is for the company type. I'm going to click the pencil icon at the top right of that section. These two entries are really important. The first one for tax form, this basically specifies the type of company you have but it also will choose the tax form that you use when you file your tax return. So you can choose from one of these types. I'm going to choose small business corporation. Then there's the industry. The industry is also important because QuickBooks Online will use this to set up a lot of the settings in the program to what's typical for your industry. That way, you just have to make the changes where you do things a little bit differently. So I have a solar company so I type in solar and then I'll see this list of things that are close to matching that. And I'm going to pick the one at the top for Solar Electric Power Generation. And then I can click Save. There are two more sections for contact info and address. You can add your company email, company phone and website by clicking the pencil icon in that section and filling in the box. I'm just going to click Cancel here. And you can do the same thing with the address by clicking in that panel and then filling in the information. I'm going to go ahead and click Cancel on both of those. Once you've filled in the information that you want, you can go down to the bottom right and click Done. And of course, you can come back here anytime to change information. Now in the dashboard, you can see the logo next to the company name. And that's how you add the basics for your company so it'll appear on forms and other financial records.
- Identify the fundamentals of working with a chart of accounts in QuickBooks Online.
- Recall the steps required to utilize account numbers in QuickBooks Online.
- Determine the essentials of adding products in QuickBooks Online.
- Recognize the steps required for editing company information in QuickBooks Online.
- Identify the steps to take when creating and editing customers in QuickBooks Online.
- Recognize the steps to engage in when setting up projects in QuickBooks Online.
- Identify the fundamentals of recording billable expenses and mileage in QuickBooks.
- Distinguish the important steps to use when printing checks in QuickBooks Online.
- Outline the essentials of applying discounts in QuickBooks Online.
- Identify the fundamentals of processing downloaded online transactions.