- Convert existing data into a QuickBooks format.
- Identify how to create a company file from scratch.
- Recall how to add accounts and subaccounts to a company file.
- Create products and services in QuickBooks.
- Define the opening balance.
- List open transactions.
- Apply changes to sales tax balance.
- Identify how to adjust inventory.
- Modify the closing date.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Bonnie Biafore. This course starts off with a quick look at how to convert existing records into QuickBooks and get them cleaned up. We'll also use existing information to create customers, vendors, products, and services. Next, we'll explore what it takes to get your account balances where they need to be. I'll explain where you can find the information for your account opening balances. Then, I'll show you how to get those balances into QuickBooks.
Finally, we'll look at how to verify that the account values in your new QuickBooks company file match the ones from your previous bookkeeping system. If others help you keep the books, you'll see how to create additional QuickBooks users. I know you're anxious to get your company file up and running, so let's get started, setting up a company in QuickBooks.