Learn about using built-in tools and indexing.
- [Instructor] In this video I'm gonna talk about…the auto registration process.…Now I've already imported some scans…into my project.…I have these six scans here…for the museum courtyard.…They've been imported in and they're ready…to register.…I'm gonna go ahead and maximize my screen here…just to use my full screen real estate.…Now, there's two ways to register.…If you hover over this button down at the bottom…of the window,…you'll see that auto register is on the big blue button,…but right above that there's an option…for manual registration.…Now, in some cases you'll need to do a manual registration…of certain scans,…but I think it's always a better idea…to try the auto registration first.…
It's just quicker and easier…and then you rely on the manual registration…just to fix those scans that the auto registration…wasn't able to accomplish.…Now there is a skip registration option as well.…You could do that and go right to the indexing process.…I'm really not sure why you would though.…I think you should always register everything…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is ReCap?
- Working with laser scans
- Importing scans
- Manual registration
- Metrics for registration quality
- Working in the point cloud
- File management
- Creating a photo project
- Creating a mesh from ReCap with the cloud service
Skill Level Intermediate
BIM Manager: Autodesk Applications Setup & Deploymentwith Eric Wing48m 37s Intermediate
Autodesk ReCap Pro: Processing Drone Imageswith Gordon Luckett48m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with ReCap
2. Working with Laser Scans
3. Scan Registration
4. Working in the Point Cloud
5. Photo Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.