- [Instructor] In this video I want to…open up the options dialogue and just run through…a couple of the settings that you might want…to configure to set up Revit to your preferences.…Now there's lots of settings in the options dialogue…and we could spend a lot of time in there,…but I'm not going to go through absolutely everything.…I'm going to just focus on a few key settings…that I think are important for us to know about.…And you'll notice that I don't have a project loaded.…So the options dialogue is actually accessible whether…or not a project is loaded so I wanted you to see that here.…And you get there from the file menu.…So I'm going to go to the file menu and click…the options button down here at the bottom of that menu.…
It's a multi-tabbed interface and as I said,…I'm not going to go through every tab and every setting.…But I'm just going to focus on a few key ones.…The first is under notifications,…there's a save reminder interval…and it defaults to 30 minutes.…Now I recommend you leave that…or maybe even set it to 15 minutes.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
Paul also shows advanced techniques for modeling stairs and complex walls, adding rooms, and creating schedules. Finally, discover how to annotate your drawing so all the components are perfectly understood, and learn how to output sheets to PDF and AutoCAD.
- Understanding BIM and the Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Using reference planes, parameters, and constraints
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.