- [Instructor] In this video I…want to talk about managing links…and specifically the Manage Links dialog.…So what I'm going to do is click the Open link here,…and in my Exercise Files folder Chapter five,…I will click the Managing Links file and click Open.…Now when I do that, an error message is going to display…telling me that it can't find one of my linked files.…This happens sometimes when files are either moved…or their names are changed or something along those lines.…Since we're talking about Manage Links in this video,…I think choosing the option to open the manage links dialog…and correct the problem is the right choice,…so I'll go ahead and click that.…
Now, you can see here that there are two…Revit link files here on the Revit tab.…The Building Site is fine, it's loaded, and it's currently…being found, but the Shed file is not found.…It's looking in a folder called Project Links,…and that folder no longer exists.…If folks move a file or rename…a file, then this happens sometimes.…All you need to do is select the link file,…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
Paul also shows advanced techniques for modeling stairs and complex walls, adding rooms, and creating schedules. Finally, discover how to annotate your drawing so all the components are perfectly understood, and learn how to output sheets to PDF and AutoCAD.
- Understanding BIM and the Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Using reference planes, parameters, and constraints
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.