- [Instructor] In this video we're going to explore…a slightly more advanced topic.…But I think it's important to talk about it now…because it can actually affect the behavior in Revit.…What I'm talking about is a series of tools…called selection toggles.…And what selection toggles allow you to do,…is toggle on and off the selectability…of certain classes of element.…Each Revit user can have their own settings for this,…so you could have the selection toggles configured one way…and your neighbor sitting next to you at another computer,…could have them configured completely differently.…And therefore, your experience might vary,…depending on the settings of those toggles…and Revit remembers the settings…from one session to the next.…
So that's why it's important for us…to talk about it right now.…So we're going to focus on three selection toggles.…The selectability of linked files, of underlay elements…and of pinned elements and I'll briefly explain…what each of those are.…So the first is linked files and a linked file…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
Paul also shows advanced techniques for modeling stairs and complex walls, adding rooms, and creating schedules. Finally, discover how to annotate your drawing so all the components are perfectly understood, and learn how to output sheets to PDF and AutoCAD.
- Understanding BIM and the Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Using reference planes, parameters, and constraints
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.