Doors and windows require a wall host, can be manipulated with temporary and permanent dimensions, have flip controls, and cut holes in their host wall. You can load additional windows or doors from the library as required.
- [Narrator] In this video,…we're going to look at doors and windows.…And I've already zoomed in in the upper,…right hand portion of my plan here, to get started,…and I'll start on the Architecture tab, with the door tool.…So I'll go ahead and click that tool,…and I'm not going to change any of the default settings,…but let me just point out a few of them to you.…On the properties palette, at the very top,…is the type selector,…and if I click, and open that type selector,…you'll see, that there's only one door currently loaded,…revet refers to this as a family.…So there's one door family called single flush,…and that's the only family, that we have loaded.…
Now that family does have several sizes.…Each of those sizes is referred to as a type.…So from this list, we could choose a different size,…but they're all coming from that same, single flush family.…Now I'm going to accept the default size,…of 36 by 84 without changing it.…Now there's some other settings,…on the properties palette, that we could manipulate as well.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Setting up levels and grids
- Adding doors and windows
- Loading families
- Working with 3D views
- Dimensioning a plan
- Adding a schedule view
- Customizing schedule views
- Calculating distances with the Path of Travel tool
- Importing CAD files
- Linking to another Revit file
- Working with sheets
- Generating a cloud rendering
Skill Level Beginner
Revit 2019: Interior Design Project Techniqueswith Chanté Bright3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Building a Model
3. Working with Views
4. Creating Documentation
5. Collaborating with Others
6. Creating Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.