Understand additional resources available while creating a BIM Execution Plan.
- [Instructor] I want to provide you…with three additional resources…for creating your BIM execution plan.…The first is the Penn State BIM Execution Planning Guide.…This Penn State document I call the grandfather…of all the documents.…In fact, the majority of all BIM execution plans evolve…from the original Penn State document.…I highly encourage you to go to Penn State's website,…download their BIM Execution Planning Guide,…and review it for any additional information…that may be useful for you.…
Also there's the Construction Project Information Committee.…On their website they have a pre-contract BIM execution plan…and a post-contract BIM execution plan.…You can download those BIM execution plans…and review them for any additional content…that you may want to add to your own BIM execution plan.…And finally, what's actually my now personal favorite…is Indiana University.…They have a wide variety of files available…and links associated with the writing…of BIM execution plans.…
They even have a template…for writing your own BIM execution plans.…
- Understanding the need for a BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Documenting the basic project information
- Specifying project milestones
- Identifying BIM goals and uses
- Determining how BIM will be used in design documentation
- Designing the BIM execution process
- Defining the LOD in the BIM Execution Plan
- Determining the information that needs to be in the model
- Collaboration procedures
- Defining the software to be used
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the BIM Execution Plan
2. Identify BIM Goals and Uses
3. Designing the BIM Execution Process
What is LOD?3m 28s
4. Collaboration Procedures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.