In this video, Chante' Bright shows you how to model a ceiling using a sketch and how to align or adjust the ceiling grid in a tile ceiling.
- [Woman] Sometimes when putting in a ceiling…the shape can get a little tricky and it's not…as black and white as you thought it was…when you were putting the other pieces of ceiling in.…So, what we're going to do,…I'm going to add in a few things to show you…so that it makes it easy…when you are trying to put in complicated shapes…or custom shapes into a ceiling plan in the sketch…or the automatic ceiling doesn't work for you.…So, the first thing I'm going to do is,…I'm going to turn on my underlay underneath my ceiling.…And the way that I'm going to do this is…I'm going to make sure that I don't have anything selected,…so I'm looking at the view properties of the ceiling plan.…
I'm then going to come over here to the properties…and I'm going to go to where it says underlay,…right now I don't have anything underneath there…so I can't really see what's happening with the walls…'cause remember, not all my walls are going up the ceiling.…So, I'm going to click where it says range and base level,…and I'm going to tell it to show me level two.…
- Setting up your project
- Creating views
- Modeling walls
- Using and modifying storefronts
- Creating wall legends with components
- Modeling ceilings
- Adding doors and openings
- Adding details such as millwork and floors
- Creating custom schedules
Skill Level Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
Initial steps1m 28s
1. Workspace Setup
2. Modeling Walls
3. Wall Legends
4. Modeling Ceilings
5. Finishing the Space
6. Final Thoughts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.