Google Blocks can be used for intuitive massing studies and extremely fast design iterations. Learn how to do orthographic mass modeling and export the 3D models for use in other software.
- [Instructor] Google Blocks is a free app…that you can get on the Steam app store.…It can be a really effective tool…for prototyping different massing options.…In your dominant hand, you have the tool…that you're actually using to create the objects.…In your other hand, you have your palette.…So, to start out, I'll point my dominant hand…at the palette and turn on this grid.…That's the orthogonal tool.…That keeps everything square with each other.…It also adds a distance snapping,…which will be familiar for anyone who's used AutoCAD.…
We can click left on the thumb pad,…or right, to change our shape.…I'm going to stick with the cube,…or up and down to change the size,…then pull the trigger and drag to create a rectangular mass.…Do it again to create another.…Blocks can be really great if you already know…some of your site constraints and you really just want to…prototype rapidly and try out different iterations quickly.…
Because with almost no time to model or make things out…of clay, you can have iteration after iteration.…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
7a. Multiuser Prototyping and Documentation for Revit in the Wild
Collaborative design review8m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.