Revit project files are typically begun from standard templates files. This makes it easy to start a new project and ensures that it can begin with a consistent set of settings and behaviors.
- [Illustrator] In this video, I'm going to create…a new Revit project,…and I'm going to use a template to help me do that.…So a template just gives you a starting point…for your new project.…So over here under Models on my home screen,…I will click the New button,…and that will display the New Project window.…Now you'll see a template file choice here with a drop-down.…Now the items you see on your drop-down might vary from mine…depending on the version of Revit you're using…and which options you chose during installation.…But I just want the Imperial architectural template.…Now if you don't see that on your list,…it's actually just the default architectural template…that comes with the software,…and I'll provide a copy of that with the exercise files.…
So after I choose that and I click Okay,…that will create a new empty project based on that template.…So let me just point out a few features…of this really basic architectural template.…Now the first thing you'll notice is,…in the middle of the screen,…we have these four square icons here.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Setting up levels and grids
- Adding doors and windows
- Loading families
- Working with 3D views
- Dimensioning a plan
- Adding a schedule view
- Customizing schedule views
- Calculating distances with the Path of Travel tool
- Importing CAD files
- Linking to another Revit file
- Working with sheets
- Generating a cloud rendering
Skill Level Beginner
Revit 2019: Interior Design Project Techniqueswith Chanté Bright3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Building a Model
3. Working with Views
4. Creating Documentation
5. Collaborating with Others
6. Creating Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.