Ceiling elements can be made quickly from surrounding wall geometry. Once a ceiling is placed, it is easy to add hosted light fixtures to it. Learn how to use copy and array to quickly duplicate fixtures across the plan.
- [Narrator] In this video,…I'd like to talk about ceilings and lights.…So, adding ceiling objects…is fairly straight forward process.…And then of course, once you have a ceiling,…you'll probably want to add fixtures in that ceilings…and lights would be the most common one.…So to do this work, we should really be inappropriate view,…and the best view for that is going to be a ceiling plan view.…So if you look at my project browser,…you can see that I've got a ceiling plans branch right here,…and then a level one and a level two ceiling plan.…So, I want to create a ceiling for the upper most level.…So, I'm going to double click level two…and that's going to open up that view.…
And then I'll zoom in on this dining room area here.…So, this is the upper portion of my dining room,…and now I want to create a ceiling in that location.…Now, I'm going to keep it pretty simple just to kind…of give you the overview of the process.…It starts on the architecture tab…and we want to use our ceiling tool.…The ceiling tool has two creation modes, automatic ceiling…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Setting up levels and grids
- Adding doors and windows
- Loading families
- Working with 3D views
- Dimensioning a plan
- Adding a schedule view
- Customizing schedule views
- Calculating distances with the Path of Travel tool
- Importing CAD files
- Linking to another Revit file
- Working with sheets
- Generating a cloud rendering
Skill Level Beginner
Revit 2019: Interior Design Project Techniqueswith Chanté Bright3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Building a Model
3. Working with Views
4. Creating Documentation
5. Collaborating with Others
6. Creating Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.