Architectural construction details can be created in Revit by leveraging the existing overall model geometry and overlaying 2D view-specific elements directly on top. Supplement this with notes and dimensions to fully convey intent.
- [Man] When you want to create construction details,…some of the geometry that's required in the detail…will be live model geometry,…and some of it will be layered on top…as "View Specific Detail Elements".…So I want to go through the basic process,…doing a simple construction detail,…so you can see the basic approach.…So, I'm starting here in a level one floor plan…and I need to create a view of the area…that I want to create a detail.…So I'm going to do a detail of this prep station,…and I'll start with a section cut through that area.…
Now, it defaults to a building section,…but a detail section…will be a little bit more appropriate in this case.…So I'll click my first point out here,…and I'll drag a little to the left, horizontally,…and click again, and with a detail section…you'll get a much smaller crop region…than you did with an overall building section.…Now click anywhere to deselect that.…Double click directly on the blue call out tag,…and that will open up that detail view.…Now there's a few adjustments I need to make here.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Setting up levels and grids
- Adding doors and windows
- Loading families
- Working with 3D views
- Dimensioning a plan
- Adding a schedule view
- Customizing schedule views
- Calculating distances with the Path of Travel tool
- Importing CAD files
- Linking to another Revit file
- Working with sheets
- Generating a cloud rendering
Skill Level Beginner
Revit 2019: Interior Design Project Techniqueswith Chanté Bright3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Building a Model
3. Working with Views
4. Creating Documentation
5. Collaborating with Others
6. Creating Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.